Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE), FFINZ, DipFA, Dip Theol, Dip Educ
Your fundraising consultant
Wayne has worked with medium and large charities with local, national and international reach. These organisations have engaged Wayne to support annual campaigns from $1 million to capital campaigns exceeding $30 million.
His consulting services and advice spans:
Strategic planning and fundraising audits
Annual fund programs
Major gift and capital campaign planning and mentoring
Wayne is innovative, creative and always looks for a better way to achieve results with lean resources. His involvement has doubled the income of some traditional appeals and elevated organisations to an ongoing platform of success.
Fellow Fundraising Institute of New Zealand
Committee Member Fundraising Institute of New Zealand
Member Philanthropy New Zealand
Premier Award for Fundraising Excellence
Henry A Rosso Award for services to fundraising in New Zealand
Wayne commenced his career as a teacher before moving into pastoral ministry. It was in this role, for the Baptist Churches of New Zealand, that Wayne recognised the need for fundraising so that more could be done for the community.
Following Wayne’s success at the Church, he continued to progress his fundraising career with Saint Kentigern College, The University of Auckland, Child Cancer Foundation and Leprosy Mission before moving into consultancy. He joined AskRIGHT in 2011.
With a career spanning 30 years in the not for profit industry, Wayne has a wealth of knowledge and passion and has been a strong advocate for driving the sector forward. He personally believes in educating people on the positive impact of fundraising and he encourages boards and CEOs to resource fundraising for the greater good of causes.
– Sharon Roux, formerly Fundraising Manager, The University of Waikato
– Rose Crossland, formerly Director of Development, Christ College
– Mark Fox, CEO, Mission Aviation Fellowship NZ
Wayne is a foundation member, former Chairman and current committee member, tutor and speaker with the Fundraising Institute of New Zealand. He was heavily involved in establishing the organisation to elevate the status and expertise of professional fundraising in New Zealand.
– Carol Painter, CFRE, FFINZ, Former President, The Fundraising Institute of New Zealand (Inc.)
Wayne’s Latest News
- New Zealand Charitable Sector is Growing, but is it Sustainable?
- Fundraisers, this is Why You Should Join a Non-Profit Board
- These 5 Books Can Help You in Your Fundraising Career (recommended by Wayne McKenzie)
- Are You Using the Right Words in Your Bequest Communications?
- Ethnic Diversity: Fundraising Threat or Opportunity?
- Giving New Zealand Report Highlights a Dangerous Trend
- Fundraiser – you can be the difference: 4 tips to get started on the right track
- Top 5 Threats or Challenges to Fundraising in New Zealand Today
- Fundraising for ‘Unpopular’ Causes
- Remember a Charity’s initial research into legacy giving [Press Review]