CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executive), BSc (Hons), Dip Ed
Jeff has 15 years experience as a professional fundraiser and consultant, achieving considerable success for several organisations, and recognised by his peers for national awards. Jeff has personally asked for multi million dollar philanthropic gifts and large corporate sponsorships, and has coached many clients to do the same.
Jeff’s clients have included universities, schools, health research organisations, aged care and religious organisations, and international aid organisations. He has worked with fundraising teams of just one person through to comprehensive programs with 20 or more staff and volunteers. Jeff is known as an experienced professional who understands a client’s situation and provides them with the strategies and tools to fix problems and achieve improved results.
Jeff moved from the teaching profession into a Development Officer role in 1999. Following a good year in this role, he accepted a position at another school to become Director of Development for 5 years and then into consulting in 2005, moving to a role as a Senior Consultant at AskRIGHT in 2007. He continued in this role until mid 2019, after which he became an Associate.
Jeff has given guest lectures at the Australian Centre for Philanthropy and Non-Profit Studies at the Queensland University of Technology (QUT), and at the Faculty of Business at the University of Queensland. He has also presented at conferences for FIA, Educate Plus, FINZ, the Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia & NZ, Better Boards Australia Conference, and Research Australia conference.
– Member Fundraising Institute of Australia
– Member Educate Plus
– Directed the campaign that won Best Capital Campaign (State), Best Capital Campaign (National) and Best Campaign Overall (National) in 2006 FIA Awards
– Board Member Australasian Centre for Rural & Remote Mental Health
– Board Member Huntingtons Queensland
What Clients Are Saying:
Paul and Gabrielle Quilliam, Co‐Founders, Hummingbird House Queensland
Ross Law, CEO, BaptistCare
To find out how Jeff can help your organisation, contact j.buchanan@AskRIGHT.com.
Latest posts by Jeff Buchanan (see all)
- Rule #6: The Importance of Asking for Donations - August 7, 2019
- RULE #5: DEVELOP AND TELL GOOD STORIES - July 2, 2019
- Rule #4: Want to increase donations? Focus on the needs you meet, not the needs you have - June 4, 2019