Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE), BSc (Hons), Dip Ed
Your fundraising consultant
Jeff has 15 years experience as a professional fundraiser and consultant, achieving considerable success for several organisations, and recognised by his peers for national awards. Jeff has personally asked for multi million dollar philanthropic gifts and large corporate sponsorships and coached many clients to do the same.
The skills and experience Jeff offers to clients is wide ranging:
Solicitation of Major Gifts
Fundraising Training & Workshops
Enterprise and Innovation Initiatives
A client of Jeff’s can expect a thorough and frank assessment of their situation, options to consider, expert recommendations to pursue with explanations and (when possible) an evidence base to support it.
Member Fundraising Institute of Australia
Member Educate Plus
Directed the campaign that won Best Capital Campaign (State), Best Capital Campaign (National) and Best Campaign Overall (National) in 2006 FIA Awards
Jeff moved from the teaching profession into a Development Officer role in 1999. Following a good year in this role he accepted a position at another school to become Director of Development for 5 years and then into consulting in 2005, moving to a role as a Senior Consultant at AskRIGHT in 2007.
At AskRIGHT Jeff’s clients have included universities, schools, health research organisations, aged care and religious organisations, and international aid organisations. He has worked with fundraising teams of just one person through to comprehensive progams with 20 or more staff and volunteers.
He works with clients to build their capability to achieve better results across a range of fundraising activities, improve their donor/prospect engagement outcomes, and shift their thinking and behaviour to be more donor-centric.
Jeff has given guest lectures at the Australian Centre for Philanthropy and Non-Profit Studies at the Queensland University of Technology (QUT), and at the Faculty of Business at the University of Queensland. He has also presented at conferences for FIA, Educate Plus, FINZ, the Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia & NZ, Better Boards Australia Conference, and Research Australia conference.
– Paul and Gabrielle Quilliam, Co‐Founders, Hummingbird House Queensland
– Ross Law, CEO, BaptistCare
Jeff is known as an experienced professional who understands a client’s situation and provides them with the strategies and tools to fix problems and achieve improved results. Through working with Jeff, clients are more informed, more confident, more willing to develop and test new initiatives, and have a better grasp of best practice.
In addition to solving their immediate problems, Jeff is able to add value through what he brings to a client to absorb for the long term, including the tools and insights to maintain a high standard of practice and tackle new problems and opportunities.
Jeff serves on the Board of Huntingtons Queensland.
He is also a Board Member of the Australasian Centre for Rural & Remote Mental Health that develops and successfully implements mental health awareness, prevention and intervention programs second to none for people living and working in rural and remote Australia.
Jeff’s Latest News
- Time for More Concerted Action from School Boards on Using DGR Vehicles
- School Foundations – Time for a Second Look
- The Type of Bequest that Delivers over 2,800% More Value
- 12 Examples of KPIs for Board Members to Increase Your Fundraising Revenue
- 4 Things All Non-Profit Board Members Should Know About Fundraising Failure and Success
- Fundraisers and Boards – Who is at Fault?
- Warning! Are You Ignoring the Existence of Private Ancillary Funds Directors in Your Database?
- Free Booklet: Healthcare Fundraising
- What’s happening at the pointy end of the donor pyramid?
- Increase deductions for charity gifts [Press Review]
Latest posts by AskRIGHT (see all)
- Simple Steps to Achieving Success With PAFs - March 22, 2018
- PAFs to overtake other tax-deductible giving in under 10 years - November 10, 2017
- The University of Chicago: a World Leader in Advancement and Philanthropy - August 28, 2017