BA (Hons), MA (Hons), Grad Dip RE, MBA, PhD, CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executive), MFINZ (Member of Fundraising Institute of New Zealand), FFIA (Felow of Fundraising Institute of Australia)
Daniel is a highly experienced and innovative fundraising professional with more than 30 years of success raising funds for higher education, research, religious and other organisations. In 2004, he established AskRIGHT, advising leadership on fundraising and helping build capacity to reach their organisational goals.
Daniel McDiarmid began his career in fundraising in 1982 as National Secretary for Education and Promotion with the Australian Board of Missions and subsequently worked with Stewardship Australia. He then established fundraising and alumni offices at Central Queensland University and RMIT University. His appointment to Queensland University of Technology enabled him and his talented team to develop the existing fundraising and alumni relations programme to new heights culminating in the successful $175million New Century Campaign.
Daniel has spoken at many conferences in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, the USA and UK. He has an appointment as Adjunct Professor in the Australian Centre of Philanthropy and Non-Profit Studies (QUT). He is also Chair of the Emmanuel College Foundation at the University of Queensland; chair of the charity Sweet Freedom, which uses music and community services to build the confidence of marginalised people; and is a Director of National Trust of Australia (Queensland). In 2006 he gave the FIA Dave Rose Orations.
Now with 37 years fundraising experience, Daniel brings a wealth of knowledge and wisdom to fundraisers, CEOs, Trustees, and philanthropists. Daniel says he works in this sector because it offers the intellectual challenge of finding solutions in a complex environment, combined with the difference it makes in people’s lives when you get it right.
Daniel’s Consulting Services:
– Helping research institutes, universities, and aid organisations to develop international fundraising capacity
– Reviewing the effectiveness and efficiency of school and university fundraising departments
– Advising universities on the establishment of first-time fundraising and alumni relations
– Specialising in fundraising in complex environments
– Designing fundraising strategies for individual organisations, and whole systems
WHAT CLIENTS ARE SAYING
– Alan Hough, General Manager, Governance and NDIS Strategy at Sylvanvale
– Leanne Cutler, Managing Director at Siren Global Pty Ltd
– John Taylor, former Director of External Relations, University of Auckland
– Ric Fletcher, Director of Development, Christ’s College
Latest posts by AskRIGHT (see all)
- In Bhutan: Building the Capacity of the Bhutanese Not for Profit Sector - January 21, 2020
- AskRIGHT USA Fund - January 20, 2020
- Rule #10: Test Fundraising Communications - December 3, 2019