Press Review: selected news by AskRIGHT Fundraising Consultants and Researchers
Our fundraising consultants and researchers regularly share their insights with a selection of articles about the non-profit and fundraising sector.
Latest Articles selected:
- Smaller and Regional Universities are Better Targeting Philanthropic Funds [Press Review] (5/25/2016) - Dr Daniel McDiarmid shares his views in The Australian on how challenging it is for a small or regional university to grow its fundraising activities.
- Australians need more open approach to philanthropy [Press Review] (4/7/2016) - Dr Daniel McDiarmid reacts to The Australian article refering to a recent paper on US Foundations' giving to Australia.
- Naomi Milgrom receives Philanthropy Leadership Award from Creative Partnerships Australia [Press Review] (3/30/2016) - Article selected by Lisa Harris, Fundraising Consultant Naomi Milgrom receives Philanthropy Leadership Award from Creative Partnerships Australia […]
- Six Fundraising Tips From Warren Buffett [Press Review] (3/29/2016) - Article selected by Dr Daniel McDiarmid about parallels between Buffett's approach to business and effective fundraising.
- Charities regulator to remain in place [Press Review] (3/4/2016) - The federal government has abandoned plans to abolish the national charities regulator. Dr Daniel McDiarmid reacts about this announcement.
- China’s most generous donors: Major new study released by Harvard’s Kennedy School [Press Review] (2/10/2016) - Major new study released by Harvard's Kennedy School on the state of giving in China. Selected by Jim O'Brien, Senior Fundraising Consultant based in Sydney.
- Wealth-X Philanthropy Report [Press Review] (1/15/2016) - Dr Daniel McDiarmid comments on the 2015 Wealth-X Philanthropy Report.
- The Australian’s “30 Most Influential” in Higher Education [Press Review] (1/15/2016) - Dr Daniel McDiarmid reacts on The Australian's annual list of most influential people in higher education.
- Three Thought-Provoking Fundraising Experiments to Get You Thinking in 2016 [Press Review] (1/12/2016) - Dr Daniel McDiarmid has selected this article about scientific studies on giving and what they mean for your cause.
- The Best Way for the Government to Support Philanthropy: Daniel McDiarmid quoted in The Australian [Press Review] (11/26/2015) - The Australian shares Daniel McDiarmid's thoughts about the best way for the government to support philanthropy.
- School Principals ordered to say no to gifts [Press Review] (11/13/2015) - Principals have been instructed to reject gifts from school suppliers. Article selected by Daniel McDiarmid, Principal Consultant at AskRIGHT.
- Charitable Giving Up Around World, Study Finds [Press Review] (11/11/2015) - A growing proportion of the world's population is giving money or time to charity, a new report finds. Article selected by Jim O'Brien, fundraising consultant.
- Cultural fit or square peg, which one do you hire? [Press Review] (10/29/2015) - How do you recruit for the right "cultural fit"? Our consultant Greg Jensen comments on an article from the Harvard Business Review.
- Don’t Be a Wimp: Why a New Foundation CEO Wants to Be the ‘Influence Lady’ [Press Review] (10/28/2015) - After a year on the job, the California Wellness Foundation’s CEO shares the lessons she has learned. Article selected by Jim O'Brien, fundraising consultant.
- Judge Rejects Request to Add Weill Name to Paul Smith’s College [Press Review] (10/10/2015) - Judge rejected the request by Paul Smith’s College to change its name to add the name of a donor. Article selected by James O'Brien, fundraising consultant.
- World’s Richest Philanthropic Funds [Press Review] (8/5/2015) - Article about the latest list of the world’s richest philanthropic funds by Ellie Cooper selected by Lauren Vertigan, Fundraising Consultant at AskRIGHT.
- Remember a Charity’s initial research into legacy giving [Press Review] (7/27/2015) - Article by Stephen Pidgeon selected by Wayne McKenzie, Senior Fundraising Consultant at AskRIGHT. Interesting insights from a research in the UK.
- Increase deductions for charity gifts [Press Review] (6/22/2015) - Martin Laverty has taken the time to highlight some very worthwhile issues that if acted on would each provide welcome incentive to fundraising efforts in the non-profit sector.
- Removing Barriers to Giving: PAF portability and easier share donation [Press Review] (6/6/2015) - This is a short article about two recent announcements aiming to reduce red tape around giving.
- Tax Exemption Ruling Finalised – Finally [Press Review] (6/1/2015) - The Australian Tax Office has issued a final ruling on two new conditions for Not for Profit organisations to meet for continued tax exemption. Professor Myles McGregor-Lowndes explains.