Last year AskRIGHT visited London with a group of school and university executives and fundraisers to learn about the UK’s approach to educational fundraising at some of Britain’s most successful fundraising institutions.
It was an interesting and inspiring week of case studies and best practice solutions in advancement from the UK’s leading fundraisers. For those who could not join us on the Tour we have selected some essential fundraising learnings for schools that we will present during this webinar. We will also discuss the application of these learnings in a local setting for schools in Australia and New Zealand.
We will show you:
- The importance of making sure your school’s mission is your roadmap for fundraising, and how this can be achieved
- Why your students can be your school’s chief fundraisers
- The best messages and most effective channels for fundraising and campaign communications to current parents
- How to strengthen your case for endowment
- Unique strategies for raising funds for scholarships and bursaries
- Why you don’t need to reinvent the campaign wheel – how best practice and process-driven principles for fundraising remain key for capital campaign success and raising millions
- How to improve the profile of the development office amongst staff, parents, alumni and students
Learnings are based on case studies and presentations from The American School in London, Manchester Grammar School, Eton College, Reigate Grammar, Latymer Upper School, The Independent Schools of King Edwards VI in Birmingham, Christ Church Oxford, Shrewsbury School and Lord Wandsworth College.